Whoa! Where has this year gone? I can’t believe that as I am sitting here writing this that it its the last day of 2012. This year has brought us so much to be thankful for, and has also probably been one of the absolute busiest years of our life so far! I can’t believe all of the things that have happened over the last 365 days…here is a little recap of our year this year ….
Last year on NYE I spent the day painting our very first house! We moved in exactly one week later, so that means next Monday will be one year since we bought our first home!! I wish I had some house pictures to put on here, some before and afters, but we didn’t take any during that time ….Thanks to some amazing friends and family, it only took us one day to move in and set up all of the furniture! It was probably one of the most hectic days of my life, but it was so much fun and I will always remember it!
Since moving in we have:
– painted nearly every wall
-put in all new windows
– cut down a giant tree! (because it was hazardous to the roof…I was sad to see it go )
– bought all new appliances (except a refrigerator)
– replaced the dining and living room carpet with laminate
-replaced the linoleum with ceramic tile
-done quite a bit of decorating!
In 2013 we plan to:
– buy a new refrigerator (because as soon as we bought the other appliances, things on the fridge began to break, like all the door shelving…)
– paint kitchen cabinets and install a backsplash (so excited about this because then the kitchen will be officially done!! yes!)
– fence in the back yard
– install a patio and a new walkway!!
– turn second small closet into a bookshelf and bench in the master bedroom!! (I am also most excited about this…..it is not necessary, so it will be done last if there is time and money but I can’t wait!!)
I LOVE working on all of these projects and I LOVE having family members who are incredibly skilled at this type of work and love to come over and work on our home with us!! I am so thankful for this home that the Lord has blessed us with, and though I know its not our *forever* home, we plan on living here for quite a few more years and I can’t wait to experience all the memories to come here!
So that is all the house stuff….and moving into our home was one of the most eventful things that happened this year, but we had a lot of other things that made our year so full as well!! Here are some of the major events (in no particular order):
1. The most major event, even more so than moving, was finding out that we were having another girl and then welcoming her into our lives on June 28th! Scarlet Grace has made our lives so much more full (and busy)….she is just the happiest, most easy going little baby and we love her to pieces! She is on the verge of crawling and I can’t believe that she is already 6 months old!!!
You can read more about Scarlet’s birth here.
2. We took 3 vacations this year and they were so much fun! The first was a week at a cottage with my family on Conesus lake…the girls had a ball and can’t wait to go back!!
The other 2 vacations were camping trips to Darien Lake, the first was just the 5 of us, the second was with my dad, siblings and their kids. Both times we had so much fun, we will def be doing another camping trip next year!!
3. After home schooling for Kindergarten, Gabbi began school this year for the first time! It was a big deal for all of us, but she is doing great! It was a little bit rough at first adjusting to her going (for both of us lol), but she seems to like it a lot better now…
4. We bought a puppy…probably the least thought out decision we made this year (and some days most regrettable!), but he is a rambunctious addition to the family, and no matter how many dishes he breaks, dinners he ruins or papers he chews up…we still love him …
he was so cute as a baby….
5. Autumn turned one in May, and subsequently learned how to walk….I can’t believe that she is well on her way to being two and picking up new words every single day!!!
Gabbi also turned 6 in May…omgsh!! Why are they getting so big so fast….
In terms of major events, those are the most significant….
I can’t believe how much our life has changed in the last year. We have overcome quite a few challenges through the year, but for the most part we have just been extremely blessed. I love this life that I have been given, and I can’t wait to see what the Lord has in store for us this coming year! Happy new year everyone!!
I leave you with some pictures from our Christmas this year