On Friday I posted a bunch of fun activities to do with your kids this weekend and one of them was to have a huge pancake breakfast, for dinner….
Which leads me to an issue I have had for a long time.
I LOVE pancakes.
There I said it…
It doesn’t sound like an issue?
Well, I have to eat gluten free, and so do 2 of girls now.
When you grow up on Bisquick pancakes every weekend, that is a hard truth to swallow.
So that led to us trying to find a great replacement, and we found a ton! But the problem is, they weren’t healthy enough for eating regularly.
So our dilemma was – save pancakes for a monthly treat, or find a different way of making them.
Well….we have found a way to eat pancakes every single day if we want to! And I am going to share our not so secret, secret with you!!
Coconut Flour Pancakes….
High protein, high fiber, low sugar, yummy, healthy goodness.
After trying different recipes, we tweaked and added different ingredients, changed measurements and came up with our go to coconut flour family pancake recipe!!!
And now it can be yours too:
To make 12 – 14 pancakes
1/2c unsweetened almond milk
1/4 c coconut oil
2- 4 TBSP of honey (or more, depending on how sweet you want them!!)
1-2 tsp of Stevia (optional, depending on desired sweetness)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp butter extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 c Coconut Flour
pinch of salt
1. Mix well all wet ingredients (eggs, milk, honey, coconut oil, stevia, extracts)
2. Add baking soda, coconut flour, and salt and mix by hand until just combined (Do NOT over mix!)
3. Melt some butter, or use additional coconut oil and heat skillet on low to medium
4. Cook pancakes on each side until slightly browned (they tend to take a little longer than traditional wheat pancakes)
5. Serve with butter and real maple syrup or greek yogurt with berries or peanut butter or plain!
Optional: Sometimes to jazz it up while the first side is cooking we will sprinkle the pancake with mini chocolate chips, shaved coconut or some chopped up berries!